Wilhelm Rausch, the son of a confectioner master and chocolatier , opened the Rausch Private Confiserie in 1918 in Berlin for the production of chocolates , chocolates and honey cake . Wilhelm Rausch ran seven own confectionery shops in Berlin. His three children continued the business. In 1968, for the 50th anniversary, a new chocolate factory opened in Berlin-Tempelhof.
Since the end of September 2015 Rausch Schokolade has only been available in the company's online shop and in its own chocolate house on Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin-Mitte and no longer in stationary retail. The strategy the company is pursuing is called Tree-to-Door . That is, from the cultivation of cocoa, through the production of chocolates, to the delivery to the customer, Rausch keeps everything in his own hands.